Quote

"Don't focus on how far you have to go, always remember how far you've come."

Sunday, October 6, 2013

My deaths

When I think about the deaths in my life it's not all about loved one actually passing away. One of the many deaths that have occurred during my life was graduating elementary. Though at the time I couldn't of been happier to get out of that rat hole and move on into jr. High, but now, I wish more than anything to go back for just one day of elementry school. I feel like that is something that I have lost and can't bring back.
Recently, I moved out of the house that I spent 12 years of growing up in. It wasn't the biggest or nicest house and to be honest I hated living there. I felt embarrassed bringing friends over because all their houses were cleaner with perfect landscaping and not to mention but theirs were HUGE!! After moving out and staying in this house for about a week, I felt home sick. I missed that house so much! It was where all of my childhood memories took place and it was hard to move on.
I find it very strange that we talked about death in class this past week. I have never lost anybody close in my life until about two days ago when my aunt passed away after battling pancreatic cancer for two years. Right now it still doesn't seem real! It's just so weird to me thinking that I hugged and kissed someone goodbye a week ago and now they are in heaven. The tears are of joy because it was so painful seeing her suffer for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment